top of page


  • St. Luke Lutheran School’s purpose is to partner with the home to offer a Christ-centered education. We believe that Jesus should be the center of our daily lives whether we are at home or school. We are not here to compete with the public schools, however by law; the public schools are not allowed to offer what is central to our curriculum, which is Jesus.

  • St. Luke has offered a Christian education since 1866. The congregation considers the school to be one of its important mission arms into the community.

  • Our class sizes vary, however there are an average of 15 students per class (10/class in PS/PK), for a total of 185 students enrolled in preschool through grade 8.

  • No, approximately 30% of our students are from St. Luke congregation; the other 70% come from a variety of church homes and backgrounds.

  • Yes, tuition is very affordable. Our families are from all economic brackets. Scholarships and financial aid are also available.

  • Yes, busing is available from nine local school districts – Armstrong, Butler Area, Freeport Area, Deer Lakes, Highlands, Karns City, Kiski Area, Mars Area, and South Butler.

  • Yes, we have special teachers for Art, PE, and Music. We also offer the students opportunities for theatrical and musical performances, concerts, field trips, track and field meet, and extracurricular clubs.

  • Throughout the year we schedule a variety of after school clubs, which have included such guided activities as volleyball, basketball, and chess.

  • We have spacious classrooms, state of the art computer lab, science lab, art room, gymnasium, stage, music rooms, and library. We also have a playground, large athletic field, a fenced specialty area for young students, lots of room to run and play.

  • Individual attention is available to each and every child. We also provide additional services such as speech therapy, remedial reading and math, and counseling services.

  • All our professional teachers are highly educated, experienced, qualified, and caring Christian teachers. Our full-time staff members all hold teaching certificates and have been educated in various colleges and universities across the United States. The state of Pennsylvania does not require, however, that our teachers maintain current Pennsylvania State teaching certification.

  • Student grades are available through our online student information system, FACTS. It is our belief that communication between the home and school is essential to good student achievement. Therefore, teachers are easily accessible if a parent has a concern or needs to communicate with the teacher or principal.

  • Typically, our students do quite well in high school. On standardized tests, our students average over 2 years above the national norm. On the average, our class composite achievement scores rank at the 80th percentile.

  • There are outstanding opportunities for your child’s music education. Regardless of which instrument your child plays, instrumental lessons are available. In addition to instrumental lessons, band, chorus, and handbell choir are also options for your child to explore.

  • Yes, students may purchase a hot lunch daily or they may bring their own lunch to school.

  • Yes, if qualified, students may take Algebra I, Geometry, and Introduction to Physical Science, which allows them to go directly to Geometry and Algebra II in high school.

Have Questions?

Still have some additional questions about St. Luke Lutheran?

bottom of page